Which?, London — Lead Delivery Manager
Which? is the UK’s consumer champion. Working in a product team based on the Spotify scaled Agile framework, my responsibilities include:
- All of the below, plus assisting the organisation in programme management and line managing our growing team of DMs.
Which?, London — Delivery Manager
OCTOBER 2021 - FEBRUARY 2023
- Working with three squads (2 Scrum, 1 Kanban, approx 40 team members) on Agile ways of working, removing impediments, supporting and leading Scrum ceremonies and meetings where appropriate.
- Facilitating workshops, developing learning resources and coaching teams across the organisation on Agile tools and techniques.
- Overhauling documentation and metrics reporting. As Jira admin, maintaining and enforcing company-wide standards in issue tracking.
- I helped relaunch our Faulty Goods Tool, generating over £3m in claims.
Ascential, London — Delivery Manager
JUNE 2018 - OCTOBER 2021
Ascential is a FTSE 250-listed media company. I worked with the advertising unit, building and shipping digital tools with two Scrum teams:
- As Scrum Master, I helped two development teams deliver on time, and the Product Owner plan, prioritise and translate needs into user stories.
- Maintaining team Wikis and reporting team performance against KPIs.
- Successful projects include Lions Live, an all-online activation of the ‘Oscars of Advertising’, covering 45,000 entries and a 500% uplift in users.
WARC, London — Product Manager
MARCH 2014 - JUNE 2018
WARC is the world’s largest advertising information service, with a specialist audience of ad agencies and brands. I worked in an Agile web development team.
- I was the main point of contact between the web developers and the business - building new features with our editorial and commercial teams.
- Projects include the launch of the WARC Rankings, now one of the industry’s most respected benchmarking products.
- I helped the business measure the new features’ success. To optimise performance, I designed and ran A/B and multivariate tests.
WARC, London — Web Producer
JANUARY 2010 - MARCH 2014
I worked on the editorial team, focussing on WARC’s suite of adspend and media costs data products.
- I led a team of freelancers to produce WARC Plus, an on-demand research service.
- I also reported from industry events including Advertising Week, ad:tech and the Cannes Lions.
Adfero, London — Financial Correspondent
JUNE 2007- DECEMBER 2009
Working for a news agency, I wrote news and features for clients including JPMorgan, Dresdner Kleinwort and the London Stock Exchange.
CERTIFICATIONS & EDUCATION
- PMI-ACP certified Agile project manager (2022)
- PK1 certified Kanban trainer (2022)
- PSM1 certified Scrum Master (2020)
- Product Management certification, General Assembly (2014)
BA, MA English Literature, University of Bristol (2001-06)
Advanced unless stated otherwise:
- Intermediate HTML
- Intermediate CSS
- Basic JS (React)
Data analysis tools
- Basic SQL